Photo courtesy of Nathan Goshgarian
Currently living in the Greater Boston Area, I am a physical therapist by trade who enjoys photography as a serious hobby. It all began in my early teens when I grabbed my mom's Canon Powershot and ran outside to photograph some sun rays that were shooting through a cloud. At first I only photographed cloud formations and sun rays. It wasn't until after I purchased the very first Canon Rebel that I began to explore other types of photography, experimenting mostly with landscapes and macros.
A few years later, after my interest for photography had fallen off, I received the Canon Rebel t3i as a gift. The fire began to burn again and I became obsessed with perfecting every style of photography I could. After a short portrait stint that included a wedding and some senior portraits, a few pet photography gigs, and two years of shooting college lacrosse games, I focused on nature and set my sights on insect macro photography. Once I became tired of focus rails and all the other accessories, I moved on to bird photography, which remains a love of mine today. Ultimately, I came back to where it all started - landscapes.
Photographing landscapes requires one to view the world in a different way. Since beautiful weather and scenery do not always result in beautiful photographs, I've enjoyed learning to appreciate the beauty of everything I see even if there's not a perfect photograph to be found. New England has endless scenery and whenever possible I try to find new areas to explore. Thanks for visiting, and I hope you'll continue to enjoy my journey through nature!
- First Place, Amateur Wildlife - Chromatic Awards - 2017 - Glimpse
- Honorable Mention, Amateur - Chromatic Awards - 2017 - Spellbound, Mount Adams Sunset
- Bronze - Epson International Pano Awards - 2017 - Distant, Breeze, Into the Light
- Honorable Mention, Nature/Wildlife - ND Awards - 2017 - Glimpse
- Winner, Amateur Wildlife - PDN's The Great Outdoors - 2017- Glimpse
- Grand Prize - Boston Harbor Islands Photo Contest - 2016 - Boston and Graves Lighthouses
- Birds & Blooms Magazine (print) – Backyard Tales - Best of Summer, pg. 26 – September 2018
- Boston Voyager – Boston's Most Inspiring Stories – Meet Jonathan Elcock of Jonathan Elcock Photography in Newton – July 2018
- Mass Audubon – Take 5 Blog – April 2018
- Newton Conservators (print) – Newsletter – Jonathan Elcock Photography Gallery, p. 18 – Summer 2017
- Printing Industries of New England (print) – Connections – Cover – May 2017
- Support the Pink House – Volunteer Spotlight: Jon Elcock – October 2016
- Fox 25 News – Residents ramping up efforts to save beloved Pink House – September 2016
- Essex County Community Foundation – Guide to Giving – Summer 2016
- Northshore Magazine (print) – Saving Plum Island’s Pink House, pp. 150-155 – April 2016
- Northshore Magazine (print) – Cover – April 2016
- Mass Audubon – Take 5 Blog – May 2015